The original village hall, known as "The Hut", was built in 1920 from monies generously donated by the Boutcher family and members of the Parish. The hall was re-built on the same site in 1980 and refurbished in 1993.
Update from Jack White - 12/11/07
"The Parish Council is the Custodian Trustee of the Charity sealed on 1st August 1979 in the name of The Grateley War Memorial Hall, regulated by conveyance and declaration of trust dated 15th November 1921. The Notice Board does refer to it as 'The Village Hall' which is convenient in conversation but the Founders original objective will, hopefully, never be forgotten".
Grateley War Memorial Hall, Station road, Grateley SP11 8LG
The hall has a capacity for up to 80 people seated and has a stage, fully equipped kitchen, toilets (including a toilet for disabled) and a car park.
The cost of hire is £6 per hour. There is a one-off charge of £5 for electricity if the cooker or sanitiser are required.
For bookings please telephone 07729692767 or email email@example.com
The plaque shown inserted in the corner of the photo was commissioned by the Parish Council to commemorate the Queen's Golden Jubilee